Sunday, March 2, 2008

Chillin' in the Florida Sun!

So, Julia and the folks arrived the other night. After a dramatic couple of hours for my Mum and Kevin, which included missing their flight to Florida, getting lost in Miami, having no hotel reservation, then, of course, Kevin having his wallet stolen - great start! But, bless em' they picked Julia up from the airport then drove straight to the theater to meet me after my show!

Awesome to see my girl again. Much hugging and kissing ensued! Went out for food after my show then headed back to Fort Lauderdale to my Mums apartment - which is amazing! Right off the river where all the boats and yauchts are stowed, private pool, barbecue, peace and quiet! Defiantely coming back here!
Spent the next day sunning ourselves by the pool, reading 'The Other Boleyn' (which, by the way, is the most awesome, addictive book I have ever read. I hope the film does the novel credit!), had lunch then travelled over to the theater. They saw the show Friday night - loved it, despite the audience without a pulse! Me and Julia headed to the LaQuinta hotel, ate pizza and breadsticks, drank Corona, and watched 'The Breed' (which by the way is one of the most awful, addictive movies I have ever watched! An island ihabited by killer genetically modified... dogs! Great premise!). Also saw a preview for the 'Sex and the City' movie, which actually kinda looks pretty good - then again it always a pleasure to watch Cynthia Nixon, onscreen or onstage! Interesting fact: one of my
cast members is actually in the 'Sex and the City' movie/long episode as an extra! Then got to finish our classy night at the hotel by having breakfast at... 'Dennys'! (Which, by the way, is the grossest restaurant I have ever the disfortune to dine at! I felt guilty afterwards, just kept thinking, "What have I done to myself?") Never Again!
Now I'm about to hit up the Sunday Matinee - the busiest audience we get in the week! They've just called places, so I best go!


Cheerz!













Lovebirds in the Sun!





No comments: